Internet Defense League

Translate

Friday 12 July 2013

5 facts you didn't know about well known Celebrities

While I was on my journey to seek out the truth in fiction I noticed very interesting facts about certain celebrities both living and dead that very few people know, but when found out they go something along the lines of "Holy shit I didn't know that."  This list here is 5 of those people.


5.  Bruce Lee used to be a bully.
That's right, the man who became a legend in both the action movie business as well as the Martial Arts business, was actually a bully used to get into fights wherever he went.  In Hong Kong he was known for his poor grades and violent temper.  After one brush too many with the police, Bruce was sent to America by his parents in hopes that the change in scenery would help him.   And it did, along the way he used his reputation as "Cha Cha Champion." To make extra money giving other travelers dancing lessons and upon arriving he got a job as a live in waiter at a restaurant owned by Ruby Chow.  Then and there he finished his highschool education and even enrolled in the Universty of Washington, where he got among all things, his degree in Philosophy and his future wife Linda.  It goes to show that not all bullies have bad things happen to them.

4. Mr. T was a bodyguard before he became an actor.




Before T became the modern day superhero we knew, loved and sometimes feared, he was a bodyguard who protected about almost everyone, prostitutes, welfare recipients, teachers, preachers, bankers and store owners.  When his reputation on protection had improved he also added celebrities into the list such as Steve McQueen and Michael Jackson.  It was during that time, he entered in NBC's "America's Toughest Bouncer." one of the competitions was boxing and it was then and there Sly discovered him and gave him the part of Clubber Lang in Rocky III.  The rest is history on that one.  Though word to the wise,  if you are playing World Of Warcraft and see a Night Elf Mohawk, run away. Because T is coming for you Fool!!!

3.  Rob Zombie was a production assistant to Pee Wee's Playhouse.

No you read that right, Rob Zombie.  Yes that Rob Zombie, the guy that's been known as one of the founding members of the Death Metal genre.  Them man who's created a world where everyone is an asshole or a psychotic killer through movies, like House of 1000 Corpses and the Devil's Rejects started out as a production assistant.  The messed up part is, I found this out by accident.  I was looking to see if Pee Wee got his idea from Andy's Funhouse.  (He didn't, but it's a good rumor.)  I am just as shocked as you are.  Still knowing that makes me wonder if he came up with the "Everything Talks" gags.  I mean Reubins mind is warped but Zombie's is more warped.


2.  Scott Melville was a Brony before it existed.

Before he became known in such roles as Robin of Teen Titans and Max of Dark Cloud 2 Fame. One of his early roles included Danny Williams 1 of 3 human children who got transported into Ponyland (Before they changed the name to Equestria) whenever the ponies needed their help.  This was during the Generation 1 My Little Pony series, you'd either have to be a hardcore fan of the show, or just someone that has a vast knowledge of actors.  I'm the latter by the way.  Melville makes a subtle hint of his stint on the show during an episode of Teen Titans Go.  Goddamn it. I swear if I rhyme again I am gonna patent it as Suess-itus.........what I couldn't find a picture of Scott Melville.

1. Almost every famous celeb used to be victims of Bullying.

It's true actually many celebs have actually been bullying victims themselves.  No hand in the world can count how many.  But I can name a few.

Christan Bale for example when he started out as a Child Star, was bullied because of his success. Personally until Rises came out I never took him seriously as Batman, but hearing this story makes me glad he got to be the titular Dark Knight.  At the very least it probably got the kids (Who were probably his age by now.) To fear and respect him and regret what they did.

Even Internet celebs were the victims of Bullying.



During his review of "Mazes and Monsters" Noah Antwiler aka The Spoony One, lamented that he along with fellow players of the famous Dungeons and Dragons Role Playing Game, were bullied not only by other kids but teachers.  This was strictly due to the controversy surrounding the game at the time.  Now I know he isn't the only celeb internet or otherwise, but upon looking for a proper list I discovered a lot of name, some well known, some not so known in the public eye.  Celebs such as Robin Williams, Matt Groening.  Personally I never played, nor participated in any form of Dungeons and Dragons.  I don't hate it and would like to try it out, but do not know where to start.  The game intimidates me.  I grew up when Zelda was still growing and got used to that and while I love that series I know it can't compete with D&D if they decided to go at each other.  Hell I found out to my shock that even Mr. Rogers is in it.  As a character. I'm dead serious.  But I ramble on, the point though is many of the great celebs for various reasons has been victims of bullying in the end they get the last laugh as they become bigger successes than the people that bully him. (With the exception of Bruce Lee who was the bully.)  Huh I just noticed something.  If you shave off Bale's beard he and Spoony look kinda similar.  Makes me wonder if they ever do a biopic on Spoony would Bale play him?


As usual, debate, argue and let me know what I missed. Stay Tuned For More.

No comments:

Post a Comment